Monday, July 7, 2008

To the Figments of my Imagination: Deep Thoughts from a Teenager

I was planning on using this title for a book, but oh well. As the title suggests, this post will hopefully get you thinking.

Deep Thought One- Imagine this. You are a regular, sane person walking through an asylum. You see someone in a rubber room that is acting perfectlly normal, except they are talking to, dodging, and otherwise interacting with imaginary things that aren't there. You realize that the person is having a bizarrely accurate hallucination. Now imagine this. You're the guy in the rubber room, hallucinating a mock life.

Deep Thought Two-What if you lived your whole life with faulty color perception. What if the color that you call red, and that I call red, looks like what I call yellow to you?


To be continued...

3 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Interesting thoughts. On the second one about color, I have realized that I may not be seeing the same color as other people do. A few years ago I had cataract surgery where the lens in my left eye had become all blurry (worn out) and they cut my eye open and inserted a new plastic lens. Now when I close my right eye things are whitish blue, but if I close my left eye things are yellowish.

brenda said...

I've wondered that about color, too. Not so much the rubber room.
Thanks for sharing...can't wait to hear more.

vaxhacker said...

I remember those kinds of philosophical ponderings when I was a teenager too. The color one, especially. How would you possibly know for sure?